To get Wifi password on Android mobile, you need to access the device’s settings. This can usually be done by tapping on the Settings app icon. Have you ever been unable to remember a WiFi password for a network your Android device had previously connected to?
You may be at a friend’s house or a coffee shop, and you’d like to connect another device to the same network. Android mobile devices can be easily configured to retrieve WiFi passwords without too much hassle. We will walk you through a variety of methods for recovering WiFi passwords on your Android device in this article.
Get Wifi Password On Android Mobile
Method 1: Check Your Router
It is essential to check your router for the WiFi password before attempting to retrieve WiFi passwords from an Android device. A sticker usually attaches to your router with the default WiFi password. If you still need to change it, you can find it there. It’s a convenient way to access your WiFi password, especially if you have physical access to the router.
Method 2: Use Built-in WiFi Settings
The Android operating system offers a simple method of viewing saved WiFi passwords. These are the steps you need to take:
- Select Settings from your device’s menu.
- Your Android version will determine which option you need to tap; scroll down and tap Network & Internet.
- Select “WiFi.”
- You’ll see a list of available WiFi networks. Tap on the one for which you wish to find the password.
- The network information will appear in a window. If you have an Android version that supports share and QR codes, you may be able to select one of these options.
If you choose “Share,” you’ll be prompted to share the WiFi network’s details through various apps or services. Copy to clipboard by selecting Copy. Your clipboard contains the password, and you can paste it wherever you need it.
Method 3: Use A Third-party App
On the Google Play Store, you can find a variety of third-party apps that can help you retrieve saved WiFi passwords if the built-in method doesn’t work. One popular app for this purpose is “WiFi Password Recovery.”
To recover WiFi passwords using a third-party app, follow these steps:
- Search for WiFi Password Recovery in the Google Play Store.
- The Android app can be downloaded and installed here if you have a smartphone or tablet.
- Launching the app is now complete. A list of saved WiFi networks will appear once you save them.
- You can get the password for a network by tapping on it. You will receive the saved password when you open the app.
You may need to root your Android device in order to use third-party apps, and they may not work with all Android versions.
Method 4: Use ADB Commands
Using ADB commands on your Android device will let you retrieve WiFi passwords. You can do it by following these steps:You can do it by following these steps:
- In Settings> About Phone, tap seven times on the Build Number to enable Developer Options on your Android device.
- Ensure that Developer Options are set to enable USB Debugging.
- USB cables are used to connect Android devices to computers.
- The Android SDK platform tools, including ADB, are available for download on official Android developer websites.
- Using your computer’s command prompt or terminal, open a command window.
Please note that this method requires a certain level of technical expertise, and you must be cautious when using developer tools on your device.
Method 5: Check Your Google Account
If you’ve connected your Android device to a Google account and enabled the “Backup my data” option, your WiFi passwords may be stored in your Google account. Here’s how to check if your WiFi passwords are backed up:
- Open your Android device’s “Settings.”
- You can choose between Accounts & sync or System depending on the version of your Android.
- Back up or restore your data.Back up or restore your data.
- Don’t forget to enable Backup my data. Google should back up your WiFi passwords if it’s enabled.
- To retrieve the password on a new device, log in to your Google account, and your WiFi settings, including passwords, will be synced.
Get Wifi password on Android mobile device is possible through various methods, whether you check your router, use built-in settings, third-party apps, ADB commands, or rely on Google account backups. Remember that some of these methods may require technical expertise, and using third-party apps or ADB commands can carry certain risks.
Make sure you have access to the device and the necessary permissions before attempting to recover WiFi passwords. Furthermore, you should respect privacy and use these methods only for legitimate purposes, like connecting to networks you are authorized to access.